Lemon-Herb Beef Pot Roast
3 to 3-1/4 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast (arm, shoulder or blade) (3 to 3-1/2 lb)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 lb small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef pot roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown pot roast.
- Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours. Add vegetables; simmer, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast and vegetables. Skim fat. Stir cornstarch mixture and 1/2 tsp basil into cooking liquid; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Carve pot roast; season with salt. Serve with vegetables and sauce.