Grilled Rack of Lamb with Fresh Lemon and Herbs
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 16 to 20 minutes
- 2 American Lamb racks, frenched
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon each olive oil, chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, chopped fresh cilantro leaves, and grated fresh gingerroot
- Pat racks dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, parsley, cilantro and ginger. Brush on all sides of racks.
- Grill over coals covered with gray ash for 10 to 15 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Nutrition per serving
628 calories, 36 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, 52 g total fat (76% calories from fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 420 mg sodium, 12 mg niacin, 0.19 mg vitamin B6, 4 mcg vitamin B12, 3 mg iron, 6 mg zinc.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board