- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices red onion (1/2”)
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb cheese spread
- 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2” thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Place onion and bell pepper around patties. Grill patties, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning occasionally. Grill vegetables 13 to 16 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Season burgers and vegetables with salt and pepper. Cut pepper into strips.
- Spread cheese on roll tops and bottoms. Serve burgers in rolls with onion and pepper.
Place patties on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3" to 4" from heat. Place onion and bell pepper around patties. Broil patties 10 to 12 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning once. Broil vegetables until crisp-tender, turning as needed.