Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb beef round tip steaks, cut 1/4" to 1/8" thick
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (1/2")
- 1 pkg. (3/4 oz) brown gravy mix
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (5 oz), cooked
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1" wide strips. Toss with garlic.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry 1/2 of beef 1 minute or until surface of beef is no longer pink; remove. (Do not overcook.) Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Add gravy mix and 1 cup cold water; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve over noodles with sour cream.