Chunky Beef Chili
2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours
- 1-1/2 lb beef for stew, cut into 1” pieces
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef in batches. Remove; sprinkle with salt.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in pot. Add onion and jalapeño pepper; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and beef; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.