Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Barcelona Dill Marinade
8 to 10 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinate time: 4 to 6 hours
Cook time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons white wine tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimento
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 pounds American Lamb leg, boned and butterflied
- In medium bowl, blend olive oil, water, vinegar, capers, onion, pimento, parsley, dill weed, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In 13 x 9-inch non-metallic dish, place lamb and pour over marinade. Cover and refrigerate, marinating for 4 to 6 hours.
Broil lamb 5 to 6 inches from heat, 35 to 45 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during broiling time.
Cook over medium-hot coals. Grill lamb 6 inches from coals for 40 to 50 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during grilling time.
Check meat internal temperature: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium or 170ºF for well. Once meat is done cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees.
Nutrition per serving
304 calories, 39 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, 15 g total fat (45% calories from fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 0.34 g fiber, 411 mg sodium, 9 mg niacin, 0.25 mg vitamin B6, 4 mcg vitamin B12, 3 mg iron, 7 mg zinc.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board