Beef Kabobs with Parmesan Orzo
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1" thick
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers cut into 1" pieces
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp Italian dressing
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked
- 2 to 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Soak eight 8" bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes.
- Cut beef steak into 1-1/4" pieces. Toss beef and bell peppers with 1 Tbsp basil, dressing and garlic. Thread beef and peppers alternately onto skewers.
- Mix orzo ingredients in bowl; keep warm.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 9 to 11 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with orzo.
Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3" to 4" from heat. Broil about 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.