BBQ-Rubbed Beef Roast
1-3/4 to 2 hours
- 1 beef eye round roast (2 to 3 lb)
- 1-3/4 lb new red-skinned potatoes, cut into 1-1/2" pieces
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine rub ingredients; reserve 2 Tbsp for potatoes. Press remaining rub onto beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness. (Do not overcook.)
- Meanwhile mix reserved rub with 2 tsp water; toss with potatoes. Roast in greased baking pan, covered, 1 hour. Stir potatoes; roast, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145°F for medium rare.) Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with potatoes.